The Hamptons style is a design trend well at home in Australia. Characteristically inspired by the architecture and decorating of homes and buildings in the luxury seaside estates along the eastern beaches of upstate New York's neighbouring Long Island. This distinctive Hamptons style of a fresh airy palette of white, natural textures, ocean inspired colours and lots of natural light is well at home in Australia.
Hamptons bathrooms are classic, elegant and timeless. The key features of a Hamptons bathroom are a bright and crisp white palette mixed with greys of marble and polished chrome fixtures. Traditionally introducing colour through textiles in duckegg, mint or blue lend to a more traditional Hamptons style whereas unexpected pops of black such as matte black taps and fixtures lends to a more contemporary Hamptons style.
Key features that are a must to include in your Hamptons bathroom:
• Colour palette - Crisp white and grey. This can be accented with pops of cool tones such as blues or green
• Cabinetry - shaker style panels
• Marble - Benchtop, wall tiles or floor tiles. Be sure to pick no more than two surfaces to feature marble
• Wall and window treatments - Plantation shutters and wall paneling are a classic feature in Hamptons bathrooms
• Lighting - wall sconces for a traditional Hamptons look or hanging pendants for a more contemporary look.